Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:45:13 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>, "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>, <i18n@FreeBSD.org>, <gnome@FreeBSD.org>, <knu@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: iconv conversion: the plan [Was: iconv port: plea for take-over]

On 02/19/02 03:29, "Maxim Sobolev" <sobomax@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Does this sound reasonably? If yes, then we need a volunteer to do the
> step (1) above. Ade told that he currently works on libiconv, perhaps
> he will take this task as well to avoid the need to merge someone
> else's work. Ade?

All of the above sounds entirely reasonable (cunningly enough, with the
exception of the giconv.h - use iconv.h - hack, it was pretty similar to the
way I'd envisaged it).

I'm happy to deal with this, but it's going to be at least until next week
before I can start hacking - I'm currently in SFO doing RealJob[tm].

Give me until the end of next week, so I can get back home in front of my
devel box, update my tree, nuke GNOME, and then start working on the
necessary patches.  In the meantime, I'm quite happy for others to start
work on this, with the provisor that the patches are sent to me first rather
than direct committing to the tree, so we can do this as painlessly as
possible.

Regards,
    -aDe