Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:07:00 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        dwilde1@ibm.net
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: *** Real Action Item: SPECweb

> I have spoken to several of my lower level sal> Once we have the system spec'd, I have no doubt I can get hardware, because it's
> very obvious that this will be an enormous bonanza for all major corporate
> sponsors.

 - Dual 400MHz PII's (I think this will finally pull ahead of the 1M
   cache 233MHz P6'en).
 - A BX-based board with as much memory as the PII's will cache.
 - All of the OS, and if possible all of the web data in MFS.  This may
   involve the biggest, nastiest PicoBSD config you can imagine.
 - If it won't all work in an MFS, a DPT controller and a small farm of
   10000rpm fibrechannel disks.  Otherwise, the disk is irrelevant.
 - No swap.

Then talk to the various ATM and gigabit networking people that are
playing with FreeBSD.