Date:      Thu, 9 May 2002 21:28:32 -0700
From:      "Eric Lam" <ecrim@ecrim.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Basic NIS/YP Help

I will have a box setup that will be both a NIS/YP server and client.

1.)  To setup this box as both server/client, I perform both steps
pertaining to server and client in the Handbook?  Like, I would do all
that ypinit and adding all that "+:::::::::" to my /etc/master.passwd?
2.)  How would I add a user so the user can logon to the server/client
and to other client-only boxes?  Like, is there a easy way of adding the
user, having the user's /etc/master.passwd entry "exported" to
/var/yp/master.passwd?
3.)  Because this box is a server/client, I would point this particular
box's client to localhost, correct?

Thanks ahead!

--
Eric Lam