Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 09:58:38 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Steve Kaczkowski <steve@inc.net>
Cc:        joe_pepin@ins.com, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Home Firewall reccomendations?

> > I am getting DSL put in soon (finally, something better than the 28.8 I've
> > been stuck with for years).  And am looking to build a dedicated FreeBSD
> > firewall.  I was hoping to find some tips on good cheap (celeron, AMD,
> > whatever) PCs that would do the job.  If I could get it rack mountable, that
> > would be perfect.  The places I have found so far that sell the rack mounts
> > are only selling dual-pentium or alpha MBs in them.  That's a little much
> > for this.  If it's cheapest to build one up, just tell me, I'm prepared to
> > do that, and is there a place to get those rackmount cases?
>
> Take a look here:
>
> http://www.svecusa.com/

SVEC sell extremely nasty rackmount cases.  You could try Siliconrax,
who have a very nice version of a common, not-so-nasty case for about
$175 + power supply.

Or, if your budget stretches a little further, talk to Telenet Systems
(www.tesys.com) about their 1U microservers.  We have a number of them
around here now, and they're extremely nice.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org