Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 06:49:54 -0600
From:      "Mike Roest" <bsd-lists@blahz.ab.ca>
To:        <aventure@csf.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: Qmail won't start..

You need to check the /var/qmail/controls directory.  Check the
following things.

1) Permissions make sure that root can read it
2) make sure you have at least the following files in it:
   me
   defaultdomain
   plusdomain
   locals
   rcpthosts
If you don't know what should go into the files, take a look at the
qmail install directions at www.qmail.org

Mike