Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:40:46 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Sin Key Teck <ktsin@acm.org>
To:        djc2@cec.wustl.edu (Dante Cannarozzi), multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ensoniq audioPCI

> 	I have a quick question about ensoniq audio pci. I post a message in
> questions@freebsd.org and asked if anyone had gotten audioPCI to work w/
> 2.2.5. Someone responded and told me that they didn't think it was

Audio is being rewritten by Luigi in 2.2.6 and there is no support for
PCI cards yet. Read /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/README and
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/snd/CARDS.

> supported because a lack of documentation. I have it installed properly
> and it says this at boot
> pci0:10 vendor=0x1274, device=0x5000, class=multimedia (audio) int a irq
> 10 [no driver assigned]. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Each PCI device will return its ID (consisting of vendor ID, type, etc)
when probed. Getting some messages regarding your card at boot does not
mean the card is supported.

kt