Date:      Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:53:35 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Subbsd <subbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD with Iris Graphics 540 possible?

On 11/6/16 1:36 AM, Subbsd wrote:
> Pete,
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 11/3/16 1:56 PM, Subbsd wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've try to get graphics on FreeBSD 12-CURRENT amd64 r308087 with no luck.
>>> On Linux 16.04 all fine. This hardware too new for FreeBSD and still
>>> unsupported, or I can do something else to try ?
>>>

>> You'll be wanting to run the code in the drm-next-4.7 branch at this
>> repository:
>> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics
>> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-base-graphics/wiki
>>
>> This has support for newer i915 Intel GPU's and brings support inline with
>> the Linux-4.7 kernel.  I'm running this successfully Skylake systems myself,
>> and hopefully with more testing and exposure the code can get merged
>> successfully into the upstream tree soon'ish.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -pete
>>

>> --
>> Pete Wright
>> pete@nomadlogic.org
>> nomadlogicLA
>

> Pete,
>
> Thanks for information!
> Have any date schedule when it can be expected in main code base?
> There is some unfinished tasks?
> Intel Iris Graphics 540 works fine with this branch now.

Hey that's great - I'm glad our card is working better now.  I am not
sure if there is a real schedule as to getting it merged upstream as I'm
not the primary developer of the code, just an early adopter and
documentor :)

I can say there is a lot of interest, and having more people test (and
hopefully getting more familiar with the code and submitting patches)
will help accelerate this process.

cheers,
-pete

--