Date:      Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:55:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Milscvaer <millueradfa@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failed installation of FreeBSD 5.4

> (man chflags)
> chflags noschg filename

> 5.4 has the kernel in /boot btw (and not in / as in
> 4.x)

Thank you for this information. This should come to be
quite handy if I can get the system to boot, if ever.
The  chflags command isnt on the fixit floppy it
seems.

SInce the kernel is in /boot, then it seems this
wouldnt be the problem. I tried reinstalling and
setting the paritition to be active, but non of this
has had an effect.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs