Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 2016 22:32:09 +0000
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shared library version bump?

Has there recently been a version bump in the shared libraries?  I saw no warning on this in the src or ports UPDATING files.

I can no longer startx and can no longer run many other ports, getting errors like

Shared object "libcrypto.so.7" not found, required by "X"
xinit: giving up
xinit: unable to connect to X server: Connection refused
xinit: server error

and

root@amelia:~ # pkg info -f xserver
Shared object "libssl.so.7" not found, required by "pkg"

Is this due to a version bump, or is it related to the messages I got in yesterday's kernel installation like "unknown metadata record 4 ..."?

What do I do?  Make buildworld and kernel again, or rebuild all ports?  How do I find which ports need updating, or rebuild all except portmaster and pkg which I rebuilt after getting the errors?

Tom