Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 00:43:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Charles Ying <cying@sendmail.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sony vaio xg9 reccomendations?

I am using a PCG-XG9 configured with Windows 98, and 3.4-STABLE, but I'm
having problems with the suspend to disk features.

Here are the specs:

The laptop uses a Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Version 6.0.4. I explicitly created
a suspend-to-disk partition on the 1024 cylinder border using the System
Recovery #1 CD.

Upon recovering from a suspend-to-disk operation, the machine would resume
alright for about a second or two. Then, critical "bad fsbn" errors would
start to appear.

I'll repost this after I've figured out the serial numbers and the exact
error messages, but this is just to warn the owner of the PCG-X9 about my
experiences with the PCG-XG9.

The sound on the laptop works great, it's a standard Yamaha DS-XG chipset,
Soundblaster Pro compatible.

The modem doesn't work, but I have PCMCIA cards for modem and ethernet...

Everything else works great, however, just suspend to disk doesn't.

The partitions are as follows:

8 Gigs for FAT32 Windows 98
500M for a boot FreeBSD partition
233M created by the suspend-to-disk utility
---- 1024 ---- cylinder border
8 Gigs of /usr space.