Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:53:08 -0500
From:      "E. Jordan Bojar" <bojar@intersys.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Startup Devices

Folks,

On start-up, my home machine lists a number of devices it says don't exist.
My assumption was that because I'd customized my kernel, I'd need to remove
these devices from rc.conf (or more likely add their absence).  However, I
can't find a section in the default file that looks for these in the first
place.  The errors apear to be irrelevant, but I'd like to tidy things up
just in case.  I've included the info below:

<--snip-->
CPU: Pentium III/Pentium III Xeon/Celeron (795.90-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x686  Stepping = 6

Features=0x383fbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,
CMOV,PAT,PSE36,MMX,FXSR,SSE>
real memory  = 268427264 (262136K bytes)
config> di sn0
No such device: sn0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di lnc0
No such device: lnc0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di ie0
No such device: ie0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di fe0
No such device: fe0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di ed0
No such device: ed0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di cs0
No such device: cs0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di bt0
No such device: bt0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aic0
No such device: aic0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di aha0
No such device: aha0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> di adv0
No such device: adv0
Invalid command or syntax.  Type `?' for help.
config> q
avail memory = 258707456 (252644K bytes)
<--snip-->

I'd just like to get rid of these messages on reboot.  Any help with this
issue would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!