Date:      Tue, 20 May 1997 22:31:27 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com (Doug Rabson), se@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backwards compatibiliy for isa_driver

In message <199705201317.WAA02812@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au> Michael Smith writes:
: It means that "ISA" instances of a device can only be expected in the
: range 0x100-0x400, but that if the motherboard chipset is broken or
: old, probes at higher multiples of the device's address may still show
: it up.  This is not normally a problem, as you only go above there for
: EISA/PCI devices.

I know that my 8-bit serial cards show up at the same address that my
16bit S3 uses, so I can't have a cua3 on this machine....  The 8bit
card doesn't have the address lines to decode things any other way...

Warner