Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:32:50 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
From:      "Danny" <onegative@valornet.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AlphaStation 200/4

--------------Boundary-00=_QAWEG6G0000000000000

Hello All,=0D
=0D
I am still not understanding the problem I am encountering while installi=
ng FreeBSD 5.1 on my AlphaStation 200/4.  I have tried both the SRM versi=
on 7.0 and 6.5 firmware but have yet to succeed in seeing the Configurati=
on GUI.  When I boot the CDROM image, the boot process looks normal, OSF =
Pal successful, kernel begins loading, looks like a disk probe is running=
, and then  I get the prompt to Hit Enter or wait the 10 seconds for the =
autoboot, the machine starts booting, I then get a CPU halt with an Error=
 Code =3D 5, and then the processor reboots and I begin the same process =
over and over again.  I have tried to find an explanation of why this mig=
ht be happening through the documentation and other mailing list but I ca=
n not seem to find any specific information regarding this behavior.  Any=
 and ALL help would be greatly appreciated.  I am at a loss.  Thanks.  Da=
nny
--------------Boundary-00=_QAWEG6G0000000000000--