Date:      Sun, 31 Jul 2005 19:08:53 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mmap bug?

On 2005-07-31 21:26, Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The following program can be used to mmap() a region
>
> Do you still see the 'extra' data if you unmount and remount
> the filesystem with the test file?

That's something I didn't test.  No, the 'extra' data disappears.

I tried this by creating a new md-based filesystem.  After the file
system is unmounted, mounted again and the test program run to write
through mmap() past the end of the file, there are zeroes in that area
(before I write my own data, that is).

The size of the file remains the same between mount/unmount requests.