Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:46:06 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.7-RC1 and aac.ko

I noticed that the aac.ko module isn't being loaded during the
probing and produces a message:

	Loadimg module aac.ko failed
	Adaptec FSA RAID, Dell PERC2/PERC3

I don't have this hardware so it didn't affect my installation.
It is being installed in /modules during the 4.7-RC1
installation.  I know at least one other person has seen this
happen.

I wasn't able to find any discussion or references to this so I
thought it best to mention it.

I'll not clutter the list with dmesg and other information unless its
requested since I'm guess that this is a known issue somewhere.

Randy