Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 12:52:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   moused & mouse pointer in 2.2-stable

  Is it just me, or does the mouse console pointer not work worth a damn?

  I use "vidcontrol -m on" to turn the pointer on, on a couple of the
virtual consoles, and all seems well, but within a couple of hours the
pointer disappears off of all the consoles.  "vidcontrol -m on" has no
effect. Re-booting the machine gets the pointer working again.

  Also, shouldn't the /etc/sysconfig or /etc/rc.conf stuff run "vidcontrol
-m on" for every virtual console if moused is started?  What's the point
of auto starting moused, if you aren't going to turn on the mouse pointer
on?

Tom