Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "KATO Tsuguru" <tkato@prontomail.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19216: new port:  japanese/funetfonts

The following reply was made to PR ports/19216; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "KATO Tsuguru" <tkato@prontomail.ne.jp>
To: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 02:01:16 +0900

 > You're right about those two.  I don't see any other identical files
 > though.  Which ones did you have in mind?

 No, nothing. I've found the conflict immediately since these
 fonts are in my system.

 > I don't see such a recommendation in the Handbook, and looking in the
 > x11-fonts category I see only one of the font collections that follows
 > that practice.  Xg, etlfonts, freefonts, intlfonts, mozilla-fonts and
 > sharefonts don't.  IMO the fonts in this collection have as much in common
 > with each other as do the ones in those collections.

 In japanese category, almost all font files are made as individual
 port. It should be because Japanese font filess are relatively
 much lerger than roman.

 Although it isn't an explicit guideline, You had better follow
 custom if you going to add port of Japanese fonts into japanese
 category.

 In addition, as far as I remember, some font files has its so-called
 'upstream' distribution source. I cannot confirm for the time being,
 though.

 --
 KATO Tsuguru / tkato@prontomail.ne.jp

 Sent by Japanese ProntoMail