Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:55:39 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup problems....

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org> writes:
>

>>I usually use cvsup5.us.freebsd.org.  but it has not given me any new
>>bits for several days now.  And if I use ANY other server what usually
>>takes five minutes, takes 30-minutes to an hour (or they just
>>hang). Which is terribly annoying.
>>
>>I've tried picking other servers by hand, and I've tried the
>>fastest_cvsup script.  Doesn't seem to matter which I pick.  They all
>>seem to be slow except cvsup5... and cvsup5 does not give me anything
>>anymore.  No source, no ports, no docs.
>

> cvsup5.us.freebsd.org does seem to have stopped updating.  I've
> cc'd the "hubs" mailing list in case this was not known.

cvsup-master.freebsd.org was down a few days ago, and also on Friday.
On Friday it changed its IP address.  All of these were scheduled, I
believe, but it might have thrown a wrench into the works at
cvsup5.us.freebsd.org.  (It certainly did on my computer which generates
the CTM deltas, and it did require manual intervention on my part.)

Stephen