Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:24:27 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jseger@freebsd.scds.com
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: ports/3484 libwww is out of date

     > I just created a new port of it for version 5.1b, the latest.
     > Here's the diff.

Actually, I've been trying to do this.  The static library builds fine
with this patch (which is almost the same as what I've created), but
there still needs some work for shared library.

Since shared library isn't supported in the original distribution, you
may think it's not necessary to do that.  However, current libwww port
in our collection installs shared library, so we need to provide new
version with shared lib as well.  Otherwise, people who have been
using some programs that are dynamically linked with libwww needs to
recompile their programs if they update the libwww port.

As I wrote in the other message, current port files that I'm working
on (which still has shared lib problem) is available from
http://www.freebsd.org/~max/test/libwww-5.1b-port.tar.gz.  If you, or
anyone reading this, could figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'll be
more than grateful.

     Cheers,
Max

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : max@wide.ad.jp / max@FreeBSD.ORG
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~max/