Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 12:00:23 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        msmith@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bootloader link problem

> Hi Mike,
>
> Just got this trying to compile from a fresh cvsup on my Alpha:

Yeah, I mucked libstand up by leaving out the strcasecmp source file,
so it sucks in the one from libc, which in turn uses <ctype.h>.  I
committed the new file this morning; it might not have made it into
your cvsup.  Check for strcasecmp.c in src/lib/libstand.

I'm just about ready to blow off the incorporation of string functions
from libc and just duplicate them all.