Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 09:00:41 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Simon Lai <simon@synatech.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RSS=245Mb with 256MB of RAM?

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 02:02:17PM +1000, Simon Lai wrote:

[...]
> 2.  Eliminated all unused device drivers in the kernel,
>     and removed NFS, CD file systems etc ...  maxusers
>     is set to 3.

The maxusers in the kernel config doesn't actually limit the number of
users allowed on the system. It actually provides a yardstick to the
kernel about the table-limits it should set up. By setting it such a
low number, I suspect you may have crippled something... Just my stab
in the dark here.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>