Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:45:41 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        Carstea Catalin <carstea.catalin@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACID documentation

--On August 20, 2005 11:47:55 AM +0300 Carstea Catalin
<carstea.catalin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to setting-up my freebsd box with ACID - snort , mysql,
> apache+php and i want to help me with some links with good
> documentation.
> i have freebsd FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE

Dump ACID and use BASE instead.  ACID is no longer being actively
developed.  BASE is based upon the codebase of ACID but is under active
development and performs much better than ACID ever did.

BASE is in security/base, and the website is secureideas.sourceforge.net.

I have requested that ACID be deprecated and removed from ports.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member