Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 08:22:58 -0700
From:      "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@plambert.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba Tecra 8000 audio

I've got a Toshiba Tecra 8000 and am running FreeBSD 4.x-STABLE (updated
as of about 3/25 or so...)

My sound works beautifully, but I can't use the headphone jack on my
docking station.

> cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Mar 20 2000 16:15:04
Installed devices:
pcm0: <OPL3-SAx (YMF719)> at io 0x530 irq 5 drq 1:5 (1p/1r channels duplex)
> mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  67:67
Mixer synth    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  90:90
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  67:67
Mixer mix      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer igain    is currently set to   0:0

I didn't leave Windows on this machine long enough to find out how to
make it work in Windows, but a co-worker tells me they had to change
some settings in a control panel that comes with the laptop.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do?  It'd be nice to use my
headphones _and_ my external monitor.  (Note: plugging the headphones
directly into the headphone jack on the laptop works fine, but I can't
reach that jack when I'm docked...)

--plambert

--
I hate bombs, terrorism, fear, plans, future and past injustices, manifestos,
popular sentiment, ignition, timetables, meetings, and poorly adjusted