Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:53:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        geoffr@is.co.za
Cc:        brian@pobox.com, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA - Trouble mounting secondary master

It seems Geoff Rehmet wrote:
> Brian McGroarty writes :
> > In using the ATA driver, I'm unable to automatically mount a
> > partition on a master drive on the secondary controller. fsck
> > complains that device rwd2s1e isn't configured and exists.
> > Immediately mounting by hand works perfectly.
> >
> > Compiling the kernel with wd instead of ata eliminates the
> > problem.
> Hmm,
>
> I had exactly the same problem, although it manifested itself with a
> secondary master or slave.  It went away a few weeks ago, and I
> was never able to make any sensible progress in tracking the problem
> down.

Hmm, damn, after the problem went away for Geoff I thought it to be
solved since I've never heard of it anywhere else, and I cant reproduce
it here no matter what I try.
Does it help eany if you only has the root partition use the wd dev
and have the rest use the prober ad dev entries ?? It could be some
artifact from this...

-Søren