Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 21:13:17 -0500
From:      Matt Brunell <brunell@uwplatt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DHCP client

Hello,
  I am trying to configure the network on FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE	but the
network I'm on is a dhcp network.  Anyway, I've got my EtherExpress 16
card recognized by the kernel, but even with the gateway and DNS servers
named, I get the message 'network is unreachable'.  I _think_ I need a
dhcp client package or a port.  I've read a bit a documentation and it
says a bit about wide and isc dhcp servers that also support client
stuff, but I'm confused about what exactly to do.  I've also seen people
referring to bootp, but nobody says what bootp is exactly.  Help.
Thanks in advance
--Matt