Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:09:37 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Tani Hosokawa <unknown@riverstyx.net>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, terry@whistle.com
Subject:   Re: NT vs Linux vs FreeBSD

Tani Hosokawa wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
> > > Well, Linus is officially committed to it, IIRC.  Go read the web page
> > > that was given in the e-mail... I quote:
> >
> > This doesn't answer my question at all, unfortunately.  I asked for
> > specifics and I meant specifics.  URLs demonstrating an *active use*
> > of Bitkeeper please - I know it's intended to offer a web based
> > browsing interface, so where are they? :)
>
> "Because we haven't written up a license yet, this is a closed beta"
>
> So, it's not in active use right now for Linux, but it will be shortly.

So you've just confirmed that no such specific documentation exists, or
can exist, because Linux has not yet officially transitioned to BitKeeper.
This also points out it will be some time before the scalability and
usability of BitKeeper, or the willingness of the Linux leaders to submit
to the discipline of such a tool can be proven.

Gee, Terry, this seems eerily familiar.  Who else do we know that ran
through every existing source code control system on the planet but
refused to submit to any of them himself?

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com