Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 97 00:51:32 -0500
From:      cbsled@moose.ncia.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation problem from OS/2

I couldn't get FBSDBOOT.EXE to run in an OS/2 DOS session. It gave the
message: "Could not switch to protected mode." Anyone know of DOS settings
that will make it work? I do not have "real" DOS on this (Micro$oft-Free)
system.

Since that failed, I tried making the BSD boot floppy. That gets as far as
the "Boot:" prompt, then, if left alone, apparently looks for sd0, which
doesn't exist. I tried to direct it to fd0, it says it can't find /kernel.
Since I can't examine the contents of the floppy, I'm lost.

I tried: fd(0,a)/kernel
and: 0:fd(0,a)/kernel
as suggested on-screen, and a couple other things. No luck.

What do I have to tell it?

I am trying to use the Walnut Creek CD, version 2.2.1 .

Carl Brown
Whitefield, NH
cbsled@moose.ncia.net