Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2013 05:53:50 -0500
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM-flag on FBSD list

FreeBSD emailing lists are not spammers, though they let some spams through that their filters miss.

Insight Cable uses synacor.com spam-filtering (dis)service that the Insight Cable user can't turn off.

This remedy is worse than the disease in my case because it causes bounces, and then my list membership is disabled.

Just a few days ago, I switched my FreeBSD lists email address back to the old-but-still-working AT&T-Yahoo bellsouth.net email.

But synacor.com only filtered out a small percentage of FreeBSD list messages, some but not all of which were spams.

Tom