freebsd@gdmckee.com> To: "freebsd-questions" Subject: TUN0 Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 01:25:08 -0000 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 5.50.4522.1200 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V5.50.4522.1200 Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG Precedence: bulk X-Loop: FreeBSD.ORG Hi all, Looking through the dial-up firewall guide and I have followed the instructions, recompiles the kernel and added the correct lines to rc.conf and edited the firewall config that the doc says is a good starting place. When I rebooted the PC it came up with lots of error saying that device tun0 did not exist. I had a look and it doesn't, it only seems to appear after you use ppp to dial up the net then it is there for good until the next reboot. I am moving ISP and getting a cable line in soon, so presumably I can change the tun's to the dev name of the Ethernet cards and this will enable all the PC's on my LAN to talk to the internet. Also, I was reading the rc.firewall file and it has loads of different lines in it. Am I best to rem all these out and put my own in or will the external file I have created work and overwrite the default rules. G D McKee To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message