Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:02:52 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, max@love2party.net
Cc:        rcoleman@criticalmagic.com, bms@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: impossible rc.d ordering problem with stf and pf ?

> 1) You use the interface name as address w/o dynamic lookup.
> i.e. "... from stf0 ..."

Yes, thats it - I hadn't come across this 'dynamic lookup' thing before
though, so I didn't realise what it was. I still cant find it in the PF
manual, aside from a reference that you need to do it for NAT.

> To 1 and 2 there is a simple sollution: Don't do that then!  1 can easily=20
> be defused by adding parentheses. i.e. "... from (stf0) ...".

	pass out on (stf0) inet6 from any to any keep state

Gives me a syntax error when I try and load it with pfctl. If I change
it to:

	pass out on stf0 inet6 from any to any keep state

Then it works loading it with pfctl, but now does not work at boot due to
the lack of stf0 interface. :-(

-pete.