Date:      Wed, 4 Apr 2001 18:00:28 +0100
From:      "Ken Gordon" <ken@magneticscrolls.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compaq WL100 Wireless card

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.2R/notes.html claims that this card is
supported in FreeBSD 4.2. I've tried plugging one into a laptop (Dell
Inspiron 5000). It is seen and recognised but if I ifconfig it the laptop
hangs solid. I'd expect to be setting SSIDs and stuff but I have no idea
where to look. Has anyone actually seen one of these work? Or can anyone
point me at some documentation/source code? I've had this card work in with
linux and W2k but I'd really like to be able to use it from a FreeBSD box or
two (I'm ignoring the WL200 PCI version for the moment 'cos I've had enough
of screwdrivers this week already!)

I wouldn't expect WaveLan drivers to work unless some significant effort has
gone into making them drive the Intersil Prism II chipset.

Many thanks

        Ken

PS pointers to drivers for the Xircom RealPort Cardbus Ethernet 10/100+Modem
56 (who thinks of these names?) (RBEM56G-100) would be nice too, although I
don't care about that half as much as the WL100/Prism2 stuff