Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:31:21 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ** HEADS UP **  ELF Branding changes require action on your part.

----- Forwarded message from "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org> -----
  Log:
  Change our ELF binary branding to something more acceptable to the Binutils
  maintainers.
  Note that a new kernel can still properly load old binaries except for
  Linux static binaries branded in our old method.
----- End forwarded message -----

One statically linked Linux binary that will cause you trouble after you
build world is the Linux ``ldconfig''.  After your ``make world'' and
before you reboot that new kernel, issue:

    brandelf -t Linux /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com)