Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:32:18 -0600
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        "Eric I. Arnoth" <earnoth@UDel.Edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VAIO PCG-505TR: Working XF86Config?

Ah, now there's the rub, that's exactly what I do and can't seem to get a
working XF86Config out of XF86Setup. What I get from XF86Setup is what
looks like a 640x480 screen in the upper left hand window of the screen
with enough room left over for what might be an 800x600 screen. Now Sony
claims that the VAIO PCG-505TR should work up to 1024x768. Right now I'd
be happy with 800x600. If I do save the aforementioned XF86Setup when I
attempted to start X up I get a 640x480 display. hmmm?

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Eric I. Arnoth wrote:

> I recently set up a friend's VAIO for him.  What I did was to run
> XF86Setup.  The one he owned used a Neomagic chipset, which may be the
> same for yours but double check it on the web first.  Just go through all
> the options, setting each one for your particular system.  It worked like
> a champ the first time through.
>

> > I'm working on a VAIO PCG-505TR and I can't seem to get a working
> > XF86Config up and running. Does anyone have one that they might mail me?

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
"Now my life is better than an ABBA song" - Muriel, "Muriel's Wedding"