Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 08:42:42 +0000
From:      Electric Head <root@poker2.northernnet.com>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@shell.futuresouth.com>
Cc:        "Marc M. LaFerrera" <mml@sunlink.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HELP!??!?!

On Sat, Oct 04, 1997 at 11:33:53PM -0500, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Marc M. LaFerrera wrote:
>
> > Hello, I am having alot of problems. Hopefully you will be able to help
> > me. First, I can't mount my linux partition from FreeBSD. Everytime I do:
> > mount -t ext2fs /dev/wd0s1 /mnt
> > I get, :
> > mount: ext2fs filesystem unsupported
> > or something along those lines. I have the book "The complete FreeBSD"
> > distributed by walnut creek cdrom. But it says nothing what so ever bout
> > this. How do I add ext2fs support into my kernel? And, I know I shouldn't
> > ask you this next question, but, you never know. I have the same problem
> > with linux. I can't mount my BSD partition from linux. what would the fs
> > type be? And how can I add support for the fs type?
> I'm not the one to answer this, but I don't think you CAN mount a Linux
> partition from FreeBSD, or vice versa.  The FreeBSD partition type would
> be either ufs or 4.2BSD, though.

Yes U CAN!!! vmount does this through a ported version of Linux's fs code.
It feeds freebsd the VFS style info through an NFS port.  Basically, you
run a proggie, it deamonizes, and exports something to freebsd that it can
understand.

> Is it parallel or is it SCSI; they're 2 different interfaces.  I'd guess
> you mean SCSI, you I think you'd just reference it like any other SCSI
> drive; as sd(whatever number).

It is p port, and yes, it is supported.  Check the FAQ or handbook, or
maybe this question has been answered.

Shawn