Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 11:59:07 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 will ship with NODOC=YES

-On [20000211 20:00], Jordan K. Hubbard (jkh@zippy.cdrom.com) wrote:
>Unless the docs people can actually make the doc tools build
>again and successfully format the docs under -current. :)
>
>Sorry for what sounds like a threat of sorts, but I've been building
>the -current snapshots with NODOC=YES for months now because that
>aspect of release building just hasn't worked for ages, and if it's
>not fixed then I'll have little choice but to continue doing so.  This
>will mean that no handbook/FAQ/etc get distributed as part of the doc
>distribution and I certainly don't see that as a good thing.  JFYI!
>
>Tail end of last failure (as of this morning):
>
>===>   Generating temporary packing list
>strip /usr/local/bin/jade
>strip /usr/local/bin/nsgmls
>/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /usr/local/bin/nsgmls: No such file or directory
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/jade.
>*** Error code 1

Weird, since I made sure our sp port got upgraded to the last version so
that it works with CURRENT.   I am still not happy with some of the sp
patches, but what Chuck Robey committed did what my patches also did
(albeit mine were a bit cleaner ;) ).

And anyways Jordan, I cannot remember you having notified -doc of your
problems.  So you get to get a piece of the blame yourself as well. =)

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/B-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best