Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 03:33:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      alissa bader <molbloo@interport.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   video card problem

hi all, in my attempt to configure Xwindows on my FreeBSD box, I
discovered that my video card is not supported.  My video card is made by
Headland Technologies, and I've discovered, in a web search, that the
company was bought out long ago and I could not find specs for this thing.

As per the X86 faq, I set the video card to "unsupported vga," and that
seemed to work, only the windows are now too large for the screen.  In
other words, the windows kind of run off the edge, so I can't see the
edges of my desktop.  My monitor settings are correct though.

as i'm not in an economic position to get another video card at this time,
I'll have to stick with the one I've got.  please help!

oh yah, am running freebsd 2.2.7

thanks, alissa