Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:22:33 -0400
From:      "Glenn McCalley" <techlist@mail.bnetmd.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mysql_connect error

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodrigo Gonzalez" <rjgonzale@estrads.com.ar>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>; "Glenn McCalley"
<techlist@mail.bnetmd.net>
Cc: <glarkin@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:45 PM

> On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:56:11 PM Glenn McCalley wrote:
>> Rodrigo,
>> The php.ini path and file match the phpinfo page.
>>
>> However, php -m does NOT report a mysql module, and I get the same
>> Undefined symbol error our of lubmysqlclient.so.16 that I mentioned in my
>> answer to Greg's post.
>>
>> The line "extension=mysql.so" IS is the extensions.ini file.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Glenn.
>>

> I would start reompiling mysql client libraries and then php-mysql
> extension
> again

OK!
Something new!
Rebuilt everything I could think of and no joy.

The genesis of this thing is a php "page" that is executed out of cron as a
command.  It worked great until mysql 5.5 installed.  I've been testing from
the command line.

Then had a brainstorm, and ran the php "page" from the address line of a
browser instead of the command line and it works.  Should of thought of that
test before.

So why is it OK thru a browser but not as a command?  That leads me to
believe it's not mysql_connect's problem at all but the php cli isn't
working properly.

Thoughts?  ...and thanks folks for all your help.

Glenn.