Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:14:28 -0600
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        Crispy Beef <crispy.beef@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, gandalf <gandalf@messias.qhigh.com>
Subject:   Re: php5 and apache2? -- Resolved

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:59:48 +0000
Crispy Beef <crispy.beef@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> > I had the same problem before. I suppose you used portupgrade to
> > install binary packages, right?
> > The php5 package depends on apache13, this is why portupgrade
> > installed apache13.
> > You should deinstall php5 and apache13. Then refresh your ports
> > tree. Finally, reinstall php5 from the ports:
> >
> > cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
> > make
> > make install
> > cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
> > make
> > make install
>
> Might also be a good idea to delete the php5 options file first too.
> It's located here:
>
> /var/db/ports/php5/options
>
> There's one for php5-extensions too.
>
> Normally the settings in these files are taken from doing a 'make
> config' so if you want to start totally from scratch you probably
> want to ditch those too.
>
> Hope this helps a little.
>
> --
> Paul

I rebooted and deleted the php options file. The packages for php5,
php5-extensions and apache13 have been deleted. Apache2 is still
installed. When I go to /usr/ports/lang/php5 and do 'make config',
there is not an option for using apache2. When I do 'make', the port
begins to make the apache13 port.

The php5 MAKEFILE includes the line:
USE_APACHE= 1.3+

Changing the "13+" in that line to "2+" breaks the MAKEFILE. Changing
the line to "2.0+" works; but the port started building the version of
apache2 that was already installed. I stopped the process, deleted
the installed apache2 and executed the "make install clean" process in
php5 again.

Php5 and apache2 are now installed without apache13. I am now installing
the extensions.

Thanks for the help.

Andrew Gould