Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:02:56 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Richard Levenberg <richardl@Adobe.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Difference between a 3C589C and a 3C589D

> Can anyone tell me what the difference between a 3COM 10BaseT -TP only
> 3C589C and a 3COM 10BaseT -TP only 3C589D is?

One has updated firmware which takes longer to reset (D).  Other than
that, they appear to be the same.  But, you need a new driver in Win95
for the D model.

> I have access to both and
> want to sell one but dont know which one to keep.  They both seem to work
> well on my ThinkPad 560 running FreeBSD.

FWIW, I have a 589B, a 589C, and a 589D.  I don't have a preference for
performance, but the connectors on the newer cards are a bit nicer.

Nate