Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 1995 21:32:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@jsdinc.root.com>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Speed increase at CTM src-cur 304?

>    We have been making ongoing improvements to the VM system and other areas
> of the kernel that will improve its overall performance - some of the recent
> ones have been quite significant. Credit for these improvements goes mostly to
> John Dyson, a small amount to me, and to Soren Schmidt who has additionally
> improved syscons performance by a factor of 5 in most cases.
>
> -DG

David, whether congratulations or flames are in order, if you and I did not
work well together, we would not be making nearly as much progress as
we have been.

Gang, There is very much a synergy between the ways that DG and
I work together (even though we have never met.)  David comes up with
many (and sometimes most) of the ideas that we implement, and I code
most of the VM stuff.  But as professional programmers know, that coding
is a small part of the effort, and it is difficult to distinguish between
what DG has come up with and what I have done myself.

So... if this stuff breaks, it is your fault too, David... :-) (much humor
implied here.)

John
dyson@root.com