Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:28:23 +0100
From:      Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
To:        Alper Yurdakul <alper2@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND problem

Alper Yurdakul wrote:

> OK. I changed the IP values to 192.168.0.1 but problem remained the
> same..
> Still resolving some URLs, but not all (www.microsoft.com,
> www.yahoo.com, etc)..

Your name server does resolve freebsd.org and google.com but not
microsoft.com or yahoo.com. Sounds like a feature rather than a bug.

More seriously, it's worth eliminating the possibility that this is a
problem with your forwarders. Try dig @[forwarder] www.microsoft.com

They're probably OK, but until you do this you don't really know which
machine has the problem.

> My connection is via satellite. Can there be a delay related problem
> for some of these sites ?

There's higher latency on satellite connections. If queries are timing
out rather than failing, it could be an issue.

PWR.