Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:13:07 -0400
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   XFree86 4.0 Size problem.

I got Xfree86 4.0 to run on my no-name cirrus card. I even have correct
color depth. But I can't get the size to 800x600. It will only run in 640 x
480, although it's fast clear and uses less memory, window maker isn't nice
at the resolution (at least on a 14' screen). I have tried to insert the
mode lines( Mode "800x600" "640x480") in the Screen section for the 16 bpp
subsection but no luck. Anyone have a clue or know where to look. I've tried
all the places I can think to look readme, mans info and even xfree86.org
but I can't seem to find anything on this topic for the 4.0 release

Roderick P. Person
Programmer II
Crystal Administrator
(412)454-2616
personrp@ccbh.com

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research,
would it?"
                                           Albert Einstein