Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:39:30 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@cdrom.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xi Graphics drops all FreeBSD products

According to a message I received from Sales Administrator Cindy
Miley of Xi Graphics this morning, Xi Graphics "no longer support[s]
FreeBSD in our retail products."

This would be very sad, if it's true, as it would mean that FreeBSD
could not work with dozens of graphics controllers which Xi Graphics
supports but XFree86 does not. It would also mean the end of multi-
head and laptop support. All of Xi Graphics' products will still be
available for Linux, according to their Web page.

Sounds like some FreeBSD folks had better get out there, advocate,
and MARKET. This is a major setback for the platform.

--Brett Glass

P.S. -- Note that while I'm copying this message to the "advocacy"
list, I'm not subscribed to it -- so I won't see postings that
are directed only to that list.