Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:32:16 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>
To:        Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel recompilation question

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 11:25:13AM -0400, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> Suppose I compile a kernel. Then I decide that I want, for example
> change an IRQ for a networking card, or add a flag for a hard-disk
> controller.

You can change such things at boot-time by doing ``boot -c'', and
changing the settings. They will be saved and used at future boots.

Note, if you're running 3.1 then check out the errata at www.freebsd.org,
there's a bug which means it saves to the wrong file. The errata
explains how to fix it (dead easy). This *may* also apply to 3.0
as well, I'm not sure. 2.2.x is OK.