Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:06:56 +0100
From:      Ashley Moran <work@ashleymoran.me.uk>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        Yuan Jue <yuanjue02@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good subversion GUI?

On Apr 14, 2006, at 12:02 pm, Norberto Meijome wrote:

>> Thanks for the port!  I actually installed the package because I
>> wanted to
>> get it working.  No problems with it so far, although I've only
>> done basic
>> stuff so far.
>
> FWIW, i've just installed tkcvs, which supports both CVS and SVN
> (as well as
> RCS). it doesn't look as 'modern' as other apps, but it seems to
> work where
> eSVN failed (doing a simple svn copy :-( ).
>
> I haven't tried kdesvn - i refuse to install however many kde
> support packages
> just to run the one app .

I'm quite fond of KDE so I was hoping to get something that would
integrate in with everything else.  When you've already got a 3
terabyte desktop system installed one more package won't hurt :)

Ideally I'd like to see something like TortoiseSVN.  In fact, it's
possibly the only Windows app I miss.  KDEsvn goes some way to
desktop integration - it's not perfect, but it's the best I've seen.
esvn wound me up - it kept forgetting what folder I was working on
for a start.

Ashley