Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:24:57 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd@sysmach.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patenting the digit 1 and 0

Kyle writes:
> I can't believe it !!
>
> Bill Gates is patenting the digits 1 and 0. He's gonna charge 10 cents every
digit. He's the richest guy on earth and he is about to become even richer.

> http://3520040376/new_010325/alert/breakingnews.html
>
> Now, I wished I had thought of something like that before he did. I hope no o
ne is gonna patent freebsd and start selling it. :/

He can't do that. Before Bill Gates was born Al Gore's mother invented
1's and 0's so her son could string them together and invent the
internet.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net