Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:43:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Zippy <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape browser

I posted the numbers.  Please keep in mind the following:

1)  They were for RIPE hosts only.
2)  They used queso and the % failure is statistically significant.
3)  The methodology is suspect.

That said, it may still be a good view into FreeBSD vs. Linux usage, IF
you remember to scope it with the above limitations.  I'm not sure that
the numbers are valid for a sweeping statement about the obscurity of our
favorite operating system.  Certainly, the numbers can be used in support
of OTHER valid statistical data, but I haven't seen any posted to augment
or contradict the RIPE sample.

SB