Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2007 11:37:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Christopher Martin <outsidefactor@iinet.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Receiver (To/CC envelope fields) addresses verification against LDAP/Active Directory in sendmail

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007, Christopher Martin wrote:
> I guess I could white-list out all of sales' and senior management's
> addresses.

The scenario where sales and senior management get all their spam with
no delay and everyone else gets the benefit of greylisting sounds pretty
much ideal.

Incidentally, my experiments with varying the greylisting timeout period
have shown no appreciable difference.  It's the initial refusal that
does the most good; spam zombies generally can't afford the time to
retry.  I have seen a few where there's a quick attempt to resend the
same spam from up to about five different spam zombies, but greylisting
handles that very effectively.