Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:02:09 -0400
From:      Dave H <sysadmin@white-directory.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crashes: 3.4-stable (nfs?)

Hi,

I am having almost daily crashes on a system that used
to run flawlessly. What has changed is that I am now
servering nfs for 2 AIX client boxes which are batch
processing files and therefore doing pretty much
continuous reads. Could nfs really be causing system
crashes or should I be suspecting hardware?

I have tried setting nfs to v2 and v3 client side.

specs:
FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #7: Tue Mar  7 13:05:52 EST 2000
Pentium 450/512 ram
Intel EtherExpress Pro
Adaptec 2940