Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 03:40:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump and ssh

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> > > # ssh -luser remotehost "cat dump_file.dmp" | restore -[irRtx]f -

> > > That will actually restore your dump on the machine you are >
> restoring from.  If you just want to grap the already dumped file >
> and not restore:

> > > # ssh remotehost 'cat dump_file' | cat - > local_dump_file
>                                          ^^^^^^^
> Why the gratuitous cat(1)?

	Easier to follow...or maybe not.  It is not needed but I was going
	off of your post which used |restore...

	The extra cat(1)'s in my previous post were not needed...I
	apologize for the extra 7-30 characters in everyones already
	bloated inbox.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- Keep on routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"